RUNDISNEY FROZEN VIRTUAL 5K - ORIGINAL CLASSIC
Race you to the top of the North Mountain! It's time for our first runDisney virtual 5k from the Frozen summer series. Finally a full race series dedicated to our favorite Frozen sisters! Regardless if you're officially registered or not, join us Saturday, June 25th to race the Frozen Virtual 5k Original Classic together. And even more exciting news - you can race in person with us this year! Scroll to the bottom to see how you can join us at Walt Disney World on Saturday, June 25th.
We've done this series as a Crowned Crew for the past few years now and it's always a blast! You can check out our YouTube video for a review of the series from 2020 and at about the 5:00 mark, see how we participated together.
You'll see below that we've put together your bib, start/finish lines, and virtual medal to either print out or copy/paste onto your race photos. Everyone who joins us, tags @crownedathletics, and uses the hashtag #racewithcrowned will be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies!
See you in Arendelle, Crowned Crew!
HOW TO RACE VIRTUALLY WITH US:
1. Run, walk, or run/walk the 5k on Saturday, June 25th
2. Tag @crownedathletics and use #racewithcrowned to race along with others and be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies
3. Download and print or virtually paste the bib below onto your race photos. Don't forget to add your name!
4. Listen to the our Frozen Fever playlist on Spotify. It's a fun mix of the movie soundtrack with some remixes and other magical songs.
5. Follow the list of prompts to post on your IG stories (all optional and just for fun):
- Show us your costume or flat runner
- Show us your start and finish lines (right-click to download the images)
- Any run-ins with Marshmellow?
- Any chocolate or sandwich fuel stops?
- Show us your course from Arendelle, up the North Mountain, through Elsa's castle, and back to open up the gates!
6. You did it princess! Post your finisher's photos holding your virtual medal (Desktop: right-click to save the png files. Mobile: hold down, click "open image" then hold down again and click "save image" then copy and paste onto your photos)
HOW TO RACE IN-PERSON WITH US:
1. Join us at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort at 7am on Saturday, June 25th. We will start in front of the Gran Destino Tower on the water side promptly at 7am, so try to arrive early and then we will race around the resort property a couple times to reach our 5k mileage.
2. Costumes are encouraged but not required!
3. Parking: Some local folks have had luck telling the security guard they are coming for a jog around the lake or are there to eat at the El Mercado quick service. If you are turned away, you can park at the McDonald's down the road and walk the sidewalk path along Buena Vista Dr back to the Coronado. It's roughly a 1 mile walk, so plan accordingly.
Can't wait to race with the Crowned Crew!