Oh boy! It's time for our first runDisney virtual 5k from the Mickey Through the Years summer series. Let's celebrate 100 years of Disney the only way we know how - by running together! The Steamboat Willie 5K is a throwback tribute to Mickey Mouse’s first starring role on the silver screen in 1928. Best part - no official registration is required and it's totally free to join. All you gotta do is run and post on Instagram!
You'll see below that we've put together your bib, start/finish lines, and virtual medal to either print out or copy/paste onto your race photos on Instagram. Everyone who joins us, tags @crownedathletics, and uses the hashtag #racewithcrowned will be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies!
Ready to run through the years with you, Crowned Crew!
HOW TO RACE VIRTUALLY WITH US:
1. Run, walk, or run/walk the 5k on Sunday, June 11th
2. Tag @crownedathletics and use #racewithcrowned on Instagram to race along with others and be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies
3. Download and print or virtually paste the bib below onto your race photos. Don't forget to add your name!
4. Listen to the our Mickey Through the Years playlist on Spotify. It's a fun mix of Mickey inspired songs and entertainment classics.
5. Follow the list of optional prompts (and get creative with some of your own) to post on your Instagram stories:
- Show us your costume or flat runner
- Show us your start and finish lines (right-click to download the images)
- Watch out for Captain Pete!
- Listen for Minnie's serenade on her ukulele
- But don't fall overboard!
- Show us your sailing course down the steam river all the way to Podunk Landing!
6. You won the boat race! Post your finisher's photos holding your virtual Steamboat Willie medal (Desktop: right-click to save the png files. Mobile: hold down, click "open image" then hold down again and click "save image" then copy and paste onto your photos)