"Remember who you are" - you are a runner! Time for another runDisney virtual 5k from the Lion King summer series. Last month was so much fun, we should do it again! Regardless if you're officially registered or not, join us this Sunday, July 11th to race the Lion King - Broadway Phenomenon 5k together.
As with every virtual race, we've put together your bib, start/finish lines, and virtual medal to either print out or copy/paste onto your race photos. Everyone who joins us, tags @crownedathletics, and uses the hashtag #racewithcrowned will be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies.
Of course a race weekend wouldn't be complete without a race expo - so Sunday after the race at 2:15pm EST we will hold a virtual expo on Instagram Live. If you've been to any of our previous lives, you'll know that we always have mystery discount codes, giveaways, and product sneak peeks!
See you in the Pride Lands, Crowned Crew!
How to race with us:
1. Run, walk, or run/walk the 5k at any time of day on Sunday, July 11th
2. Tag @crownedathletics and use #racewithcrowned to race along with others and be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies
3. Download and print or virtually paste the bib below onto your race photos. Don't forget to add your name!
4. Listen to the our Lion King 5k - Broadway Phenomenon playlist on Spotify. It's a fun mix of the Broadway classics and some afro-pop beats.
5. Follow the list of prompts to post on your IG stories (all optional and just for fun):
- Show us your costume or flat runner
- Show us your start and finish lines (right-click to download the images)
- Any backstage photo ops?
- Any puppeteer malfunctions?
- Show us your course from stage right to stage left, upstage and downstage and all around the theatre!
6. Take a bow - post your finisher's photos holding your virtual medal (Desktop: right-click to save the png files. Mobile: hold down, click "open image" then hold down again and click "save image" then copy and paste onto your photos)
Need some costume idea help? Check out this fun Timon & Pumba duo using our Native Princess tank top with our Lily Pad Princess headband for Timon's costume and our Wayfinder Princess tank top and headband set for Pumba's costume: