The holidays are over, which means it's time for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend! We may still be participating virtually, but it doesn't mean we can't run the races together as a Crowned Crew. Regardless if you're officially registered or not, we have the 5k on Thursday, 10k on Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday, and Full Marathon on Sunday. You're welcome to run, or walk, any distance you'd like (I'll probably be doing a 5k each day). To make everything hopefully feel a little more real, we've put together bibs, start/finish lines, and virtual medals for each race distance to either print out or copy/paste onto your race photos. See you out on the course Crowned Crew!
How to participate:
1. Run, walk, or run/walk any distance of your choice at any time of day Marathon Weekend - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday January 7-10
2. Tag @crownedathletics and use #racewithcrowned to race along with others and be entered to win some FREE Crowned Athletics goodies
3. Download and print or virtually paste the bib(s) below onto your race photos.
4. Listen to the official WDW Marathon playlist on Spotify
5. Follow the list of prompts to post on your IG stories (all optional and just for fun):
- Show us your costume or flat runner
- Show us your start and finish lines (right-click to download the images)
- Any water stops? Cone alleys? "Speed bumps ahead"?
- Any fab-five themed character stops? (dogs, mice, ducks, etc)
- Show us your course through Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios
6. Post your finisher's photos holding your virtual medals (right-click to save the png files, then copy and paste onto your photos)